The OPP want to remind the citizens of the County of Brant not to fall for frauds or scams.
Recently the County of Brant OPP
The OPP wants to offer the following tips to prevent fraud:
– Keep your personal information confidential and safe
– Do not give any information out over the phone, internet or through e-mail
– Don’t be pressured or bullied by someone on the phone into providing personal information
– Protect your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and passwords
– Beware of unusual transactions and ‘too good to be true’ offers
The County of Brant OPP are reminding the public it’s not always easy to spot a scam, and new ones emerge every day.
If you suspect that you are a target of fraud, don’t be embarrassed – you are not alone.
Contact police or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at www.antifraudcentre.ca or toll free 1-888-495-8501.