The OPP is investigating a suspicious person complaint.
The male was allegedly offering high-speed internet packages.
The resident did not provide any funds at the time.
When the resident telephoned the number provided by the unknown male, the number was not in service.
The resident also called the communications company who said they did not have an employee by the name provided and were not offering high speed internet packages.
It is unknown if the male attended any other residences in the area.
The male is described as being in his early 20’s, white, medium build, clean shaven with black hair.
The male was driving a black Honda Civic vehicle.
OPP suggests the following safety tips if an unknown person attends your residence:
- Unknown person at your door……..Don’t open it, talk through it.
- If approached in your yard……Don’t invite them in.
- If a suspicious salesperson tries to rush you to buy something…..Refuse.
- If a salesperson suggests they’re working in your area……Don’t believe them, get estimates.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usuallyis.
OPP continue to investigate and is asking anyone who may have noticed any suspicious persons or vehicles, or who may have any information regarding this incident to contact them at 1 888 310 1122, or CrimeStoppers, at 1 800 222 TIPS.